- Level 2 Safeguarding
- First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Forest School Assistant.
Principle Duties and Person Specification
- To be responsible for the supervision and care of all the students attending the Forest School. To assist with the planning and implementation of Forest School activities both suitable for the stage and development of the children.
- To maintain a secure, safe and happy environment for the students.
- To understand, value and encourage stages of child development. To challenge and support the children. To ensure that all children are treated and respected as individuals and that their needs are catered for.
- To promote equal opportunities throughout the day.
- To be enthusiastic about our unique outside environment and participate in all outdoor activities throughout the year following the Forest School Association’s ethos at all times.
- To work alongside the forest school team and other professionals giving support to children who may have specific individual needs.
- To contribute to the planning of activities following to support the students.
- To ensure that all developmental records are kept up to date including the session evaluations, observations and termly reports.
- To maintain confidentiality in respect to the students and their families, the written records and issues discussed on the Forest School or School premises. To have regard to confidentiality outside the School including social networking sites.
- To support the forest school team through sharing observations and taking photos of students to high development.
- To promote good communication between staff and encourage a good team spirit
- To identify your own training needs
- To be responsible for the maintenance of a good public image of the Dorset Forest School and the Dorset Studio School
- To follow and maintain the DfES Statutory Guidelines
- To read, understand and follow the Forest School Policies and Benefit Risk Assessments at all times
- To ensure that at all times the students are kept safe from visitors.
- To attend staff meetings outside working hours
- To ensure equipment are kept clean and in good working order
- To ensure a good standard of cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene are being maintained throughout the day
- To assist with any first aid when required ensuring the correct completion of the accident book, medication book and pre-existing injury forms. To have regard to allergies and parental preferences both environmental and food related.
- To work alongside the Forest School Leader, the Dorset Studio School and Dorset Forest School to ensure the smooth running of the Forest School and the ethos of both settings.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time such as working for Dorset Forest School at the Dorset Studio School if need be.
As an apprentice you will be included on a L2 Forest School Assistant Training with Dorset Forest School and First Aid at Work and Level 2 Safeguarding with the Dorset Youth Association. A timetable will be devised to complete this around your work commitments at Dorset Studio School.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
This vacancy is for a temporary position at Dorset Forest School for a placement at Dorset Studio School where an apprenticeship programme will be delivered.
- Good Communication
- Ability to use computer
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Must be able to follow instructions from the room leader
Qualifications requiredNon Specific – experience in caring for children would be preferred.
- Patient Punctual
- Confidentiality essential