First Aid Training ⚕️
📆 Next Course: 16th – 17th July 2024
The requirements for Forest School first aid can be met by completing an ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid.
However many groups prefer or require specialist and tailored training involving infants for instance, with a tailored, contextualised approach to content often mixing elements of infant/child/adult training as determined by the group. This training course is designed to provide that flexibility.
Topics include; roles & responsibilities, adult/child/infant specific treatments, dealing with collapse (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, major illnesses, torso and limb injuries, environmental effects, heat and cold injuries, using first aid kit, outdoor specific scenarios, outdoor incident management and looking after a casualty for more than 10 minutes.
This course is designed to provide outdoor incident management skills. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical, with elements occurring out of doors in outdoor clothing and on various terrains.
- Minimum tutor contact time of 16 hours (excluding breaks)
- 1:12 tutor to learner ratio
- Course must be completed within 9 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in learners gaining a Forest School First Aid (ITC) certificate.
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another similar course after 3 years
The next dates are:
Tuesday 16 – Wednesday 17th July 2024